There is no doubt that people who are physically fit tend to make the most of their lives. They are mentally and physically strong enough to deal with their everyday struggles. Physically active individuals have less risk of diseases especially diabetes, osteoporosis, and heart problems. Here’s how you too can improve your fitness with diet and exercise:
(A) Improving Fitness With Diet
Eating a healthy diet full of nutrients is important to stay fit. Eating right can make a huge difference in your overall health. Including the following things in your daily diet will help:
- Fresh fruits like apples, grapes, banana, berries, oranges, pineapple, etc.
- Green veggies including spinach, broccoli, cabbage, peas, etc.
- Lean protein such as skinless meat, soy, eggs, beans, quinoa, tofu, etc.
- Complex carbohydrates including whole wheat pasta and brown rice.
Ditch Unhealthy Eating Practices
Make sure your daily diet doesn’t have any ‘bad’ stuff. Try to get rid of the following items:
- Food and drinks are high in sugar like cookies, juices, cakes, jams, etc.
- Items possessing trans fats and too much salt.
- Oily and processed food and drinks including fried snacks, ready-made meals, canned pickles, etc.
Drink Water & Healthy Beverages
Drink lots of water every day to prevent dehydration. If you are physically active, you will need more water to recover the water lost during exercising. You can also include a few healthy beverages in your diet including coconut water, green tea or coffee, fat-free milk, lemon juice, etc. Do not consume alcohol.
(B) Improving Fitness With Exercises
Exercising is a critical component of fitness. So, it is important to get active to boost your physical fitness. Make sure to do a lot of cardio if you are overweight. If you have normal weight, do a few quality cardio exercises along with strength training workout.
Cardio Exercises To Boost Fitness
Do 30-40 minutes of cardio workout every day. Here a few exercises you can take up:
- Jumping Rope – Jumping rope is a good exercise to lose weight fast. Finish a set by jumping for 3-4 minutes. You can do 4-5 sets in total.
- Running – Running is effective in maintaining weight. It also prevents blood pressure problems.
- Mountain Climbers – It tones the core and hip muscles. Do this exercise for a total of 15 minutes.
- Crunches – Boost core fitness by performing crunches including basic crunch, vertical leg crunch, reverse crunch, crunch with twists, etc.
- Swimming – Swimming builds cardiovascular fitness. It improves muscle strength as well as endurance.
Strength Training To Boost Fitness
Strength training is vital to get strong muscles. It can also help lose weight fast. Including a few resistance exercises will also increase your metabolism.
- Lunges – Lunges will help tone your leg and hip muscles.
- Push-ups – Push ups will make your chest sturdier. Engage in the basic push up, wide grip push up, staggered push up, diamond push up to boost endurance.
- Chin-ups – A great way to strengthen your biceps.
- Kickbacks – Kickbacks are helpful to develop your triceps.
- Deadlifts – This fitness exercise strengthens back and legs. It also improves posture.
Becoming fit can be easily achieved by eating right and performing exercises. Don’t forget to meet your physician twice a year for a whole-body checkup.